What We Do
The lands that Canadian farmers, ranchers, and foresters manage, and the industries that support them, offer tremendous opportunity to strengthen our economy, reduce carbon emissions and store soil carbon.
To date, this opportunity has been under- appreciated and has lacked meaningful investment or policy attention in Canada, despite global leadership in the development of biological and efficiency carbon reduction protocols in the Agriculture and Forestry sectors.Read More
Biological Carbon Canada (BCC) is committed to achieving these objectives for the agricultural and forestry sectors.
- Help stakeholders in the biological sector achieve an economic return for actions that reduce GHG emissions or remove GHG’s from the atmosphere.
- Create an environment that will generate skilled jobs needed to implement actions that reduce emissions, measure these reductions and monetize them.
- Help deploy new technologies that reduce GHG’s
- Help develop training and technical outreach on actions that will reduce GHG emissions.
- Be a Global knowledge hub for creating, measuring and reporting emission reductions from the biological sector.
- Lever both private and public funding partnership supporting emission reductions.